We've had two months of summer vacation with the kids, but it won't be long before it's time to send them back to school and another 9 months before summer comes again.
So here are some last-minute end of of summer activities that are not only family friendly, but budget friendly!
- Tour Your Own City -This is actually something I love to do! There's just something about going downtown (or wherever), looking at the history, eating at the best restaurants and just making a day of it!
- Splash Pads - Not sure where you're located, but I sure hope for your sake they have splash pads because well, I'll be at all of them this summer!
- Read a Book - I'm always making up excuses as to why I can't read a good book, most of them being that I'm well...too busy, so this summer I've set a goal to start AND FINISH a book!
- Have an Outdoor Movie Night - Bring all the blankets and pillows to the backyard, set up a fun little movie night, pop some popcorn and have fun!
- Visit a National Park - they're all over, so you're likely somewhat close to one (maybe, I hope for your sake), so get out and visit one!
- Volunteer - I'm so excited my little one is a little older this summer because I can take her with me and show her the happiness that volunteering brings!
- Look at the Stars - Again, backyard or drive out somewhere where you can really see them! Bring snacks, blankets and make a night of it.
- Hit the Local Water Park or Amusement Park - Obviously, if you're lucky enough to live close to either - it's a MUST!
- Picnic at the park - This is obviously totally dependent on the weather, BUT it’s so much fun! We love to hit a good restaurant, grab take out and hit the park! Or right now because it’s winter time, we love to do the same, just indoors with a good movie!
- Staycation- Grab all the bedding around the house, blankets, chairs, everything and make a HUGE fort! Snuggle up as a family, put your favorite movie on and make some popcorn.
These simple ideas are sure to make waves of fun memories for you and your children, or take these ideas and implement them with some gal pals. Either way, we hope your summer has been a blast!
What will you be doing for your final weeks of summer?